Inspired by Almost Adulting: All You Need to Know to Get It Together (Sort of), the new book of essays by social media maven Arden Rose, here are our top tips for when you need to step up and adult like a boss.
1. Find your one true deodorant and never, EVER stray.
2. Don’t be rude. Just abstain, please.
3. Self-care, guys. Overcome your FOMO* and take care of your own needs.
4. Lady tip: if you carry around extra tampons, you can make an insta-friend. At some point, another girl will ask you for one, and you will be her period hero.
5. Finding your health is so much more important than making a weight goal.
6. Your mom can’t dress you anymore, so choose your outfit the night before. That way, there’s a higher chance that a) it’s clean and b) it matches.
7. Write important stuff down. It doesn’t matter where – your phone’s note app, a notebook, your hand. If you need to remember it, write it down.
8. Ugh, talking about your feelings is so uncomfortable but also so important. Don’t ignore your own opinion just because it might not jive with what other people are thinking.
*fear of missing out: anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.
Arden Rose is an actress, producer, comedian, and the creator of wildly popular YouTube channel, ‘Arden Rose’, featuring videos that are equal parts quirky and sophisticated.